It’s going to be a Mad Men kind of night.
Image Source: AMC
- American Crime
- American Horror Story: Freak Show
- The Honorable Woman
- Olive Kitterridge
- Wolf Hall
Will Win: Though AHS is always a fierce competitor, Olive Kitteridge is the heavy favorite for Best Limited Series.
Sesska’s Pick: It’s a tie between Olive Kitteridge and The Honorable Woman but I’d give the edge to The Honorable Woman.
- Agatha Christie’s Poirot — Curtain: Poirot’s Last Case
- Grace of Monaco
- Hello Ladies: The Movie
- Killing Jesus
Will Win: Bessie. It’s fun. It’s heartbreaking. It’s inspirational. Bessie has this category on lock.
Sesska’s Pick: Nightingale. They pulled off something pretty hard to pull off. Plus, David Oyelowo was perfection.
LEAD ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
- Felicity Huffman, American Crime
- Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Queen Latifah, Bessie
- Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Honorable Woman
- Frances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge
- Emma Thompson, Sweeney Todd
Will Win: It’s a close race between Queen Latifah and Frances McDormand. For once, Jessica Lange is nowhere near the lead of this Emmy race. But I think Frances McDormand will pull out this win.
Sesska’s Pick: This is a category full of women that I love so I won’t be upset no matter who takes this Emmy but just for prefence….give it to Maggie. She deserves it.
LEAD ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
- Timothy Hutton, American Crime
- Ricky Gervais, Derek Special
- Adrien Brody, Houdini
- David Oyelowo, Nightingale
- Richard Jenkins, Olive Kitteridge
- Mark Rylance, Wolf Hall
Will Win: David Oyelowo has it. The only person who could possible upset him is Richard Jenkins.
Sesska’s Pick: David Oyelowo. David Oyelowo. David Oyelowo.
SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
- Regina King, American Crime
- Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Angela Bassett, American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Mo’Nique, Bessie
- Zoe Kazan, Olive Kitteridge
Will Win: It’s between Sarah Paulson and Mo’Nique. Sarah Paulson is favored but not by much.
Sesska’s Pick: I’d like to see Sarah Paulson finally get recognized for her years of work on AHS…even if this season was subpar.
SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
- Richard Cabral, American Crime
- Denis O’Hare, American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Finn Wittrock, American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Michael Kenneth Williams, Bessie
- Bill Murray, Olive Kitteridge
- Damian Lewis, Wolf Hall
Will Win: Bill Murray just has to show up and it will make people want to give him an award…..added with the fact that he was brilliant in Olive Kitteridge, this is his award to lose.
Sesska’s Pick: Michael Kenneth Williams. This man needs an award for all of the amazing work he’s done on television; Bessie included.
REALITY SHOW COMPETITION
- The Amazing Race
- Dancing With the Stars
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- Top Chef
- The Voice
Will Win: The Amazing Race. Even though The Voice and Top Chef have dethroned it in the past….it should remain on top for this year at least.
Sesska’s Pick: The Amazing Race. There’s a reason it always wins.
VARIETY, MUSIC, OR COMEDY SERIES
- The Colbert Report
- The Daily Show
- Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Last Week Tonight
- Late Show With David Letterman
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Will Win: This may be one of the toughest categories of the entire night. We’re saying goodbye to The Colbert Report, The Daily Show and Late Show but Jimmy Fallon has started an amazing career as the Tonight Show host. I think the Emmy voters will be split between Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and just give it to Fallon.
Sesska’s Pick: The ultimate underdog. #JimmyKimmel !!!!!!
- Modern Family
- Parks and Recreation
- Silicon Valley
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Will Win: It’s still going to Modern Family unless there’s a huge upset. The other two that have the best chance of beating it is Transparent or Veep.
Sesska’s Pick: It’s no mystery that this award needs to go to Parks and Recreation. This show is going to go down in history as one of the best comedies of all time and it’s time it got some damn credit.
LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
- Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
- Lisa Kudrow, The Comeback
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
- Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
- Amy Schumer, Inside Amy Schumer
- Lily Tomlin, Grace and Frankie
Will Win: UAGUUGAUUGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Julia Louis-Dreyfus is favored.
Sesska’s Pick: If Amy Poehler doesn’t win….I’m going to throw my TV out the window. Literally, someone will have to hold me back from causing serious destruction.
LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY
- Anthony Anderson, black-ish
- Louis C.K., Louie
- Don Cheadle, House of Lies
- Will Forte, Last Man on Earth
- Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
- William H. Macy, Shameless
- Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent
Will Win: Jeffrey Tambor is going to win. I can’t see anyone else taking the Emmy.
Sesska’s Pick: Will Forte deserves this Emmy just for the sheer brilliance of Last Man on Earth. He’s hilarious.
SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
- Niecy Nash, Getting On
- Julie Bowen, Modern Family
- Allison Janney, Mom
- Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
- Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
- Gaby Hoffmann, Transparent
- Jane Krakowski, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Anna Chlumsky, Veep
Will Win: Emmy voters love Allison Janney. They’d give her an Emmy for just being Allison Janney if they could. Her only real competition is Anna Chlumsky.
Sesska’s Pick: Kate McKinnon. If for no other reason than SNL actors and actresses always go on to do things Emmy worthy later on and it’s a shame none of them can ever get their hands on one. With Andy Samberg as a host, let’s make this a SNL night, shall we?
SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
- Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Adam Driver, Girls
- Keegan-Michael Key, Key & Peele
- Ty Burrell, Modern Family
- Tituss Burgess, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Tony Hale, Veep
Will Win: Tituss Burgess is heavily favored in this category with the only other real competition being Tony Hale and Ty Burrell.
Sesska’s Pick: Have a drink of Pinot Noir and watch Tituss Burgess get his Emmy!!!
- Better Call Saul
- Downton Abbey
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- Orange Is the New Black
Will Win: You know how last year was Breaking Bad’s night? This Emmy’s night goes to Mad Men wholeheartedly. The only show that has a chance to beat it is Game of Thrones.
Sesska’s Pick: Shoutout to Downton Abbey for making me fall in love with it all over again this past season but Game of Thrones deserves it.
LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA
- Kyle Chandler, Bloodline
- Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom
- Jon Hamm, Mad Men
- Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
- Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
- Kevin Spacey, House of Cards
Will Win: Jon Hamm wins. There’s a possibility of Bob Odenkirk or Kevin Spacey snagging it away but it’s highly unlikely. Jon Hamm hasn’t won yet even though Don Draper will live on as one of TV’s best characters of all time.
Sesska’s Pick: Come on, I want Kyle Chandler to win everything. Honestly, why isn’t he one of the celebrities announcing that he’s running for President? He’d have my vote.
LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
- Claire Danes, Homeland
- Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder
- Taraji P. Henson, Empire
- Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
- Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
- Robin Wright, House of Cards
Will Win: The only category that Mad Men is supposed to dominate…..Viola Davis is favored and Taraji has a great chance as well.
Sesska’s Pick: Honestly, Vera Farmiga wasn’t nominated and I forgot to care. I wouldn’t mind seeing Viola Davis up there though.
SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
- Joanne Froggatt, Downton Abbey
- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones
- Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
- Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
- Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black
- Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Will Win: There are three major contenders in this category; Lena Headey, Christina Hendricks and Uzo Aduba. Christina Hendricks is the heavy favorite though. You know, because it’s Mad Men’s night.
Sesska’s Pick: LENA HEADEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Her performance this past season blew everyone else out of the water. Yes, even you Uzo. The things the writers threw at Lena this season was astronomical and it would be a crime if she doesn’t win an Emmy for her performance. Come on, at least give Game of Thrones this one Emmy. Mad Men can win everything else.
SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
- Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
- Ben Mendelsohn, Bloodline
- Jim Carter, Downton Abbey
- Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
- Michael Kelly, House of Cards
- Alan Cumming, The Good Wife
Will Win: Jonathan Banks never won an Emmy for Breaking Bad because that silly Aaron Paul was in the way. This is the voters time to give him that award he always deserved.
Sesska’s Pick: I hated Danny on Bloodline. Like I’ve almost never hated a character more….so I guess that means he deserves an Emmy for his performance. I’m hoping for an upset.